Jupiter – Uranus cycle
Jupiter – Uranus is a cycle of 14 years characterised by:
- ideas, opportunities for human evolution, progress, social development, often in a rather unconventional way; innovation;
- it is about what people believe, about how they think the society should be, because Uranus brings new ideas, changes, a different perspective; people believe that a reform is needed;
- development of technology, transport, aviation, science in general; people may discover new laws of the Universe, or become aware that things are not in the way they thought (the heliocentric view, law of gravitation etc.);
- conjunctions are periods of initiatives for capitalism, liberalisation of markets, free market economy, colonials conquests while the oppositions are periods of economic saturation, patriotism, imperialism;
- people and organisations start to ask questions and propose solutions to improve the current situation;
- some radical ideas may get popular support, tendency to believe in movements which are against the system, extremism, support for radical decisions;
- revolutions, independence movements, abolition of unfair privileges;
– colonialism, expansionism;
- it is a cycle about economic and politic issues, which gives passion and interest in those areas;
- legislative, religious changes;
- moderate changes, not so radical like in the Saturn – Uranus cycle;
- in mythology is Prometheus (Uranus) who stole the fire from Zeus (Jupiter) and gave it to man, so new opportunities, some incredible, may appear possible for mankind by some rather dramatic events.
Jupiter – Uranus current cycle
1. 2010 – 2024, 0 Aries – first conjunction on 8 June 2010
As one can see from the chart of the cycle, in the picture below, the current Jupiter – Uranus cycle is not a normal one, because it has at least 3 factors that highlights his importance:
- it is in an opposition with Saturn
- it is in square with Pluto
- it is in the first degree of a cardinal sign, which in mundane astrology means outstanding events with great impact in the world
The position in the first degree of Aries means that upheavals and protest will be often and violent. People don’t need much to show they are not happy with the current system, just a sparkle is enough. In fact the opposition with Saturn in Virgo and the square with Pluto in Capricorn show that the protests are against the way the system is organised and how the benefits are allocated in the society.
All the changes in the structure of the systems that governs different countries will get popular reaction, people will talk, discuss, debate, react.
The cycle also favors initiatives, militants and will appear a numerous group of people and movements that will criticize the current system, that will state "people must take action", "something must be done" etc. Many of those groups will get popular support and will promote actions that go to extremism.
a) First conjunction (2010 – 2011)
- in the context of the global crisis started in 2007 and the austerity measures adopted especially by the European governments to reduce the crisis effects, people realise that they were fooled by the politicians and that the current political system is not right, that wealth is not distributed properly, that a small number of people have a big part of the national wealth and the population live in poverty. As a result, a wave of strike and protests starts: Greek protests (2010 – 2012) against the austerity measures proposed in order to solve the Greek debt crisis, Spanish protests (2011 – 2012), the 2010 British students protests etc.
- the Arab Spring is a revolutionary wave that began on December 18, 2010 with protests and demonstrations in the Arab world. "People want to bring down the regime" is the slogan of the movements, which very often ended in violence. Rulers have been forced from power in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and Yemen. Other civil uprisings have erupted in Bahrain and Syria; major protests have broken out in Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco and Sudan. People believe that dictatorship or absolute monarchy, human rights violations, government corruption generates extreme poverty and can not be supported any more.
- extremism rise in Europe: Marine Le Pen became president (2011) of the Front National Party in France, the Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn movement led by Nikolaos Michaloliakos score high at local (2010) and national (2012) elections in Greece, Viktor Orbán became Prime Minister of Hungary in 2010 as the leader of Fidesz–Hungarian Civic Union party.
b) First square (2013 – 2014)
c) Opposition (2016 – 2017)
d) Second square (2021)
Jupiter – Uranus former cycles:
2. 1997 – 2010, 6 Aquarius – first conjunction on 16 February 1997
a) First conjunction (1996 – 1997)
- the beginning of the electric car era: the first mass-produced electric car (EV1) was launched by General Motors in 1997; the first hybrid vehicle to go into full production, Toyota Prius, goes on sale in Japan on December 1997
- the Cassini – Huygens spacecraft was launched in 1997 to study Saturn and Jupiter
b) Opposition (2004)
- the Cassini – Huygens spacecraft arrived on Saturn in 2004