Planets in mundane astrology
The meaning of Jupiter in mundane astrology:
– economic, political, religious issues;
– to understand, to believe in something with confidence and optimism;
– common values and belief systems;
– idealism and over – confidence can lead to unachievable targets, illusory hopes;
– liberalism, tolerance, moderation, morality, imperialism.
Institutions and people which represent the process symbolised by Jupiter:
– judiciary, church
– wealthy people, priests, people recognised for their moral character,
The meaning of Saturn in mundane astrology:
– how the society is organised, the current structure;
– authority, the State and his institutions, the legal system, order;
– conservative forces, forces which resist change, tradition;
– repressive and control forces;
– the collective ideas, actions symbolised by Uranus, Pluto or Neptune get a real form when they meet Saturn.
Institutions and people which represent the process symbolised by Saturn:
– all institutions which create rules, restrictions, laws;
– agriculture, mining, real – estate.
The meaning of Uranus in mundane astrology:
– spirit, thought, mental, new ideas that erupt in the collective;
– ideas, creativity, innovation, ideas a little too advanced for the world at that time;
– a different philosophy, social order, atitude, idea which is not yet accepted in the society, it is rejected or it’s seen with reticence; ocult or hidden activity; this is very well described by the cycle Saturn – Uranus, between what is accepted in the society (Saturn) and what changes the system (Uranus);
– an ideology, vision of social organisation that will create a perfect society and eliminate the old, inferior elements;
– radical changes, intolerance, it accepts very hard different ideas;
– revolutions, upheavals, reforms;
– courage, strong will, desire to be in front, to receive public attention;
– strikes and other similar activities which create pressure (even with violence) in order to meet the goals;
– freedom, democracy, independence;
– politically represents the right wing, but can also represent autocratic regimes.
Institutions and people which represent the process symbolised by Uranus:
– political and social organisations which militates agains the system, which propose moderate or radical reforms;
– reformers, inventors, rebels, activists;
– prophets, visionaries.
Historical events symbolised by Uranus:
– the period when Uranus was discovered (1781): the dawn of the technological age, The French Revolution, The American Revolution;
– The Bolshevik Revolution.
The meaning of Neptune in mundane astrology:
– ideal society, socialism;
– religion; a mystical vision;
– feelings, union, to blend, to dissolve, denial of the ego, confusion, deception; imagination; the collective unconscious
– it favors the unitive over the divided, the timeless over temporal, the immaterial over the material
– illusion, deception, confusion, ambiguity;
– myth, religion, poetry, arts, inspiration, divinity, the sacred and mysterious
– it manifest through fashion, glamour, art;
– Uranus means ideas, ideology, Neptune means feelings.
Institutions and people which represent the process symbolised by Neptune:
– people who promote new visions, dreams, ideals, mystics;
– people who cheat and bring confusion, deception.
Historical events symbolised by Neptune:
The meaning of Pluto in mundane astrology:
– the power to change through transformation as any system comes to the period of decay, death and rebirth;
– psychotic outbreaks in the collective unconscious;
– autocracy, control; power, how to be in power, how to retain power;
– manipulation of the masses, politics;
– corruption, terrorism, organised crime, mass murder, kidnapping;
– violent, dramatic experience in order to fundamentally transform the society; Pluto was discovered when the Third Reich was rising, the Nazi Germany was related with Pluto by many astrologers;
– Hermetism and depth psychology, lost knowledge which is rediscovered, secrets which are revealed.
Institutions and people which represent the process symbolised by Pluto:
– hidden, secret organisations;
– criminals, terrorists;
– politicians, actors, propagandists.
Historical events symbolised by Pluto:
– the period when Pluto was discovered (1930): the rise of the Third Reich (1933);