Saturn in astrology
The physical Saturn is a slow moving planet, the last one of the seven traditional planets, at the limit of our visible solar system.
Saturn meaning in the horoscope:
– represents a process opposed to Jupiter; if Jupiter symbolize expansion and new experiences, Saturn sets limits, borders, restrain activity and symbolize a solidification process;
– the formation of individuality, a separating, crystallizing process;
– issues around father, authority, self – expression, standing in the world, faith in oneself;
– the limits, the rules, the process of restrain;
– it deals with social issues, it is about a reality accepted by the society in a defined moment;
– it represents the structures, the tradition, those activities established in time in a society, validated by people, and which resist to change;
Strengths for people with a dominant Saturn in their horoscope
– objectivity, realism, a person who understands the rules, the order of the society and plays according to those rules;
– order, modesty, discipline;
– persistence, tenacity, the power to obtain a social position;
– strategic thinking, to organize, people who think before acting;
Weaknesses for people with a dominant Saturn in their horoscope
– rigidity, fear of change, routine, lacks the ability to anticipate the unprecedented;
– materialism, arrogance;
– lack of morality, people who will do anything for a better social position or other material advantages;
– loneliness, melancholy;
– to become exhausted by the work provided.
Weaknesses for people with a weak Saturn in their horoscope
– subjectivity, lack of order, lack of rules;
– irresponsibility, people who act without to think at the consequences;
– people who can’t control their lives, people who depend on others.
More about Saturn:
Famous people with a dominant Saturn in their horoscope
Jose Mourinho (January 26, 1963 – Saturn in conjunction with Sun and Moon in Aquarius, the Ascendant in Capricorn), Sean Connery (August 25, 1930 – Saturn with the Ascendant in Capricorn), Queen Elizabeth II (April 21, 1926 – Ascendant in Capricorn, Saturn on the Midheaven in Scorpio).
Mythological lore of Saturn
Kronos – Saturn was the son of Ouranos and Gaia. Kronos castrated Ouranos, separating it from Gaia, act which symbolizes the separation between spirit and matter and the end of the creative act of Ouranos.