Ukraine protests, Yanukovych defeat – astrology
The protests from Ukraine began in 21 November 2013 and demanded European integration. The protests had been fueled by the perception of widespread government corruption, abuse of power, and violation of human rights in Ukraine and I linked them with the Uranus – Pluto cycle.
As protests grow, leading to more that 70 dead people on 19-20 February, president Viktor Yanukovych left Kiev, the opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko was released and elections were set by parliament for 25 May.
To understand better the events and what is the context of this whole event we will present some astrological points of view.
The most used astrological chart for Ukraine is set for 24 August 1991, Kiev, BGT -3:00. This is the inner chart. The outer chart represents the transits for 22 February 2014.
– Ukraine has Uranus and Neptune on the Ascendant, and transiting Uranus from Aries is squaring natal Uranus;
– Uranus in transit is in the 4th house, the house of people and that make people uprise.
– Pluto in transit is on the natal Ascendant and natal Pluto and that shows a fundamental and tragic change in this country;
– Jupiter in opposition shows the political involvement, the foreign involvement (Russia and the European Union are the two main powers that want two attract Ukraine, and this is in fact the reason for the uprising);
So, this is another example were the Uranus – Pluto cycle characteristics are obvious: rebellion against authoritarianism, freedom against oppression, to fight for the individual rights against the system.
Uranus is represented by the people who protest, by the leader of the opposition, by the European Union dream, and Pluto is represented by the president Viktor Yanukovych and Russia.
Below it is the natal chart of the president Viktor Yanukovych (inner chart) who seem to lose power these days (22 February 2014) and the astrological transits for 22 February 2014 (outer chart).
– obviously he is very affected by the current aspects on the sky with Pluto opposing his Sun, Mercury and Uranus;
– Uranus squares his natal Sun and is in the 7th house;
– Mars is also in a very important point conjunct his natal Mars;
– we can expect that this situation to become worse for him as Uranus and Pluto are not yet in close aspect with the Sun;
– as Mars will stay in Libra several months we can see that the situation will become even more dangerous for him;
It seems that Viktor Yanukovych will try to fight even more for his position and that he will not let things as they are now. It is a really dangerous game for him right now because he has a lot of difficult aspects. The only good aspect is Jupiter in Cancer, but I don’t think he can represent much good for him if we analyze the whole context.