Uranus – Pluto is a cycle of 113-141 years characterised by:
– rebellion against authoritarianism; freedom against oppression; to fight for the individual rights against the system; to fight for weak or discriminated groups like women, minorities, slaves etc.
– new ways to have power, new groups who want power, new ideas about who/how should have power;
– rise and fall of empires and their cultural, political and religious views;
– change through violence, sudden eruptions of collective movements in society, upheavals;
– dramatic, catastrophic events; nuclear weapons/war;
– social control, fear;
– subversive, obsessive actions;
– resistance, conservatism;
– destructive and reconstructive phase.
Uranus – Pluto current cycle
1. 1965 – 2104, 17 Virgo – first conjunction on 9 October 1965
As one can see from the chart of the cycle, in the picture below, the current Uranus – Plutocycle has the following characteristics:
– it is in Virgo and in the third house which means that it will change things symbolised by Virgo: obedience to the system, materialism, order, conventional morality and the third house: the way we learn, how we get information, how we move, travel or how we think;
– it is in opposition with Saturn which show that the process symbolised by this cycle will meet quite a resistance from the current, old structures which are in use and accepted by the society; also shows that the effects will be very visible in the material world, especially when Saturn will be involved, it won’t be a change only in the mental plane or in our unconscious world.
a) First conjunction (1962 – 1969) – Uranus conjunct Pluto in Virgo
– emergence of electronics, computer;
– hippie movement, birth of drugs;
– decolonisation of Africa (32 African countries gained independence in the 1960’s);
– The 6 Days War of 1967, The Vietnam War and American citizens protests against the atrocities (1968);
– the Feminist movements (1960’s) and the Civil Rights Movements (1965);
– The Cuban Missile Crisis from Cuba, 1962, was the moment when the Cold War came closest to a nuclear war.
b) First square (2009 – 2018) – Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn
– protests against the current system, capitalism; people want a new order, a new political system (Capricorn), a new way (more equitable) to govern;
– the Arab Spring is a revolutionary wave that began on December 18, 2010 with protests and demonstrations in the Arab world. “People want to bring down the regime” is the slogan of the movements, which very often ended in violence. Rulers have been forced from power in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and Yemen. Other civil uprisings have erupted in Bahrain and Syria; major protests have broken out in Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco and Sudan. People believe that dictatorship or absolute monarchy, human rights violations, government corruption generates extreme poverty and can not be supported any more.
– the period December 2013 – July 2014 marked a climax for this square as Mars in Libra was in opposition with Uranus and square Pluto, Jupiter was in Cancer for several months completing the grand cross, and other planets also put pressure from time to time.
Numerous crimes, accidents, wars, battles took place. One of the most characteristic catastrophic events that happened:
– 29.12.2013, 12:45 (08:45 GMT), the suicide bomber from Russia’s Volgograd train station
– the second blast from Volvograd, 30.12.2013;
– Michael Schumacher accident from 29 December 2013, 11:07 local time (10:07 GMT);
– the bombing campaign started from 15 December, 2013 by the Syrian government on the city Aleppo;
– the protests from Ukraine which began in 21 November 2013 and demanded European integration;
c) Opposition (2043– 2049)